Monday, January 25, 2010

The Breaker God


“Authority should not be considered a position of privilege as much as a responsibility to be used for service.”
Rick Joyner –
“First Century Church Government”

The Breaker God

The Lord woke me up early this morning…
My first reaction was “I need my sleep. ”

Fortunately His Spirit prevailed, and I forced myself out of bed

and washed away my faithless apathy in a morning shower.
I know God’s voice, I know His faithfulness, His love, His Mercy and Grace…
amazingly sometimes even in all that “knowledge”

I fail to be obedient to set aside the time to listen.
I found myself in the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee,
and then walking our dog in the predawn darkness.

There was a refreshing chill in the air,
after weeks of warm and humid weather.

As I brought our puppy in from his walk
our sun porch seemed extraordinarily inviting.
I settled in a rocking chair, soon with a dog in my lap;
and began to talk with God.

I knew He had something to say because of the drawing of His Spirit.
I began to quietly praise Him, and immediately felt His presence surround me…

"Yes, I thought, He really does inhabit the praises of His people.”
I opened my eyes and rubbed our little dog’s back
as he quieted himself in my arms.

“This is how I need to be,” I thought, “quietly before the Lord, in His arms.”

I looked outside as the first glimmer of the dawn
began to outline a stand of trees in my neighbor’s yard.
Their dark outline was stark and bold against the steel gray of the morning sky.

There was little detail in their shape other than
the gentle waving silhouettes of their upper branches.
They reminded me of a host of cares that seemed to be pressing in on me,
there in the darkness their shadowed presence
engulfed the immediate world around them, and myself.

Then it happened, very slowly, but very distinctly.
As the morning sun pressed closer to sunrise
the light began to pierce through the dark silhouette of the trees,
it pierced through the very centers of the trees
the area that had been moments before so very dark and obtuse.

I heard His gentle voice say…”I bring light to your darkness.”

“The people which sat in the darkness saw great light;
and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”

Matthew 4:16

As the morning light intensified more and more
light filtered through the trees and I became aware
that the small trees in my own yard were now becoming visible.

That which had been closest to me I couldn’t see
until the light pierced the darkness.

I began to slowly reflect about the gardens in my yard
that were softly taking more and more clarity
as the light’s intensity gently increased.

Here were simple things that I cared about;
a perennial rock garden outlined with cherry and birch trees,
rocks and herbs flowing out of the tops of various garden jars
that had been gathered with thoughtful care from many different locations.
The familiarity of these things brought comfort and revelation.
Once again my eyes had been focused on those dark trees,
those things in my life that were seemingly
overwhelming my soul and challenging my spirit. …

"I want to bring light to your darkness.” again I remembered
as now I began to see the details of the tree stand:
branches and even leaves were now visible in the morning light.
I began to thank God, for all the wondrous things he has done,
and continues to do in my life.
His, salvation, His deliverance, His healing, His mercy,
His grace, His provision, His revelation, His protection, His peace, His amazing love...
all in the face of my shortcomings!

I began to praise Him for His light in my life,
for the washing of His Word, for the leading of His Holy Spirit…
and I sensed a “smile” from the throne room of grace.
As the sun rose this morning, the Son arose again in me,
one more time, once again faithful, once again the “Breaker God”

“The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up,
and have passed through the gate (the place of God’s authority), and are gone out by it: and their king shall pass before them,
and the Lord on the head of them.”…

Micha 2:13
I felt my spirit arise…my faith soared.. my God is able!
Clarity came to my darkness this morning,
and the light of God chased the darkness away,
as surely as the morning sun pressed back the darkness of the night.

And God saw the light, that it was good:
and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1:4

30
Fred<><

No comments:

Post a Comment