Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Twin Sins


“It is as if God the Father is saying to us:
‘Since I have told you everything in My Word, Who is My Son,
I have no other words that can at present
say anything or reveal anything to you beyond this.
Fix your eyes on Him alone, for in Him I have told you all, revealed all,
and in Him you will find more than you desire or ask.
If you fix your eyes on Him, you will find everything,
for He is My whole word and My reply,
He is My whole vision and My whole revelation..’”
Anthony M. Coniaris

Twin Sins:

The twin sins of self-righteousness and self-pity are so easily made manifest in us.
It is, for example, rare to find a prayer warrior or an intercessor who will do so, without desiring to boast about it, or receive recognition for their labor. Likewise there are many who will pray for others needs, yet then, find it almost irresistible to then give them advice on how to live.
It is the unusual saint who can be greatly used of God one day, and who can rejoice in God’s using another person in a miraculous way on another occasion. It is equally rare that a person can see God answer prayer in one area, and not question when they don’t see God move in other area of need.
Few of us can handle much success, especially in the area of knowing God intimately. It has a tendency to go to our heads, to make us feel as though “we have arrived spiritually.” I once had a friend who said that “religiosity” (a self righteous, I’m better than you spirit) is the greatest hindrance to the Gospel message being accepted by unbelievers. If we exhibit such behaviors, God will often withdraw and become silent. It is easy for us to get caught up in the comparison trap. When we see others who have been given gifts of anointings from God, we can become envious of them, feeling sorry for ourselves. The fact is that God has given every member of the body special talents and abilities and anointed them for service and ministry. One ministry is not any more important than another. What is important is that we all flow together in unity. When we are feeling either better than others, or feeling a "pity party" coming on, it is time for us to allow God to examine our hearts.

Psalm 139
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble… seeking his will for our lives instead of our own agendas is a critical issue we face moment by moment each day that we given.

Growing in His grace, walking with you in humility…

30
fkj

No comments:

Post a Comment