Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Foundations of the Nation - #1








I know not the way He leads me,
but well do I know my Guide.
Martin Luther



Foundations of the Nation - 1

"It was the Lord who put into my mind
(I could feel his hand upon me)
the fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies.
All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me. There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because He comforted me with rays
of marvelous inspiration from the Holy Scriptures…

I am a most unworthy sinner,
but have cried out to the Lord for grace and mercy,
and they have covered me completely.
I have found the sweetest consolation since
I made it my whole purpose to enjoy His marvelous presence.
For the execution of the journey to the Indies,
I did mot make use of intelligence, mathematics or maps.
It is simply the fulfillment of what Isaiah had prophesied…

No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Savior,
if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service.
The working out of all things
has been assigned to each person by our Lord,
but it all happens according to His sovereign will,
even though He gives advice.
He lacks nothing that is in the power of men to give Him.
Oh, what a gracious Lord,
who desires that people should perform for Him
those things for which He holds Himself responsible!
Day and night, moment by moment,
everyone should express their most devoted gratitude to Him."

Christopher Columbus
Columbus’s Book of Prophecies
This book is largely a collection of teachings and prophecies in the Bible on the subject of the earth, distant lands, population movements, and undiscovered tribes. It also addresses some of the writings of the early church fathers. .

Most of American “History” will tell you
that Christopher Columbus simply discovered the Americas by accident
while seeking a trade route to the Indies.
They neglect to mention that his voyages
were inspired not simply by the profit margin
but by the Holy Spirit of God.
It was his faith that inspired him,
which gave him an inner peace,
which gave him his life’s greatest mission;
one he believed was commissioned by God.

"History" also doesn’t record
the fact that his quest was one he believed, was to fulfill Bible prophecy,
nor that on the voyage to the Americas
he believed that he was lead by the Spirit of God every step of the way…
these are Columbus’ own words.

I believe that this historic discovery was part of God’s plan for History… His story;
the discovery and building up of a new Promised Land that would be used by God to bring the Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world.
30

No comments:

Post a Comment