Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Door


“The life of a Christian
is an education for higher service.”
Corrie Ten Boom

Eastern Gate Jerusalem




The Door:

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice
and opens the door, I will come in to him
and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.”
Revelation 3:20

When Jesus taught the disciples how to pray
he was quite explicit about one point.
He said when we pray (not if we pray),
we were to “shut our door” and pray to our Father in heaven.

“But when you pray,
go into your [most] private room,
and, closing the door, pray to your Father, Who is in secret;
and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open.
Matthew 6:6 Amplified Bible

Thus the way to an open door with God
is dependent upon our closing the door
to seek intimate fellowship with Him.

This is a promise of God,
if you will a secret of entering into His presence,
close the door
(make it a priority to establish a quiet time just for Him,
shut out all other distractions, focus on Him first –
not the list of things you have to do for the day.)

Later in this same chapter (Matthew 6)
Jesus underlined this point again saying:
“But when you fast, perfume your head and wash your face,
So that your fasting may not be noticed by men
but by your Father, Who sees in secret;
and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open.
Matthew 6:17-18 Amplified Bible

Setting time aside for God is part of fasting before God.
It establishes before Him,
that we believe “that time” (prayer)
is the highest priority in our life.

When we are obedient to follow Christ’s example in this regard
we are building on the Rock!

Look through the Gospels
and you will find this point
demonstrated by Christ over and over.

Before Jesus entered into ministry to others,
He spent time with His Father seeking His will. He says:
“I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord-
-but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders].
Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide.
As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision],
and My judgment is right (just, righteous),
because I do not seek or consult My own will
[I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself,
My own aim, My own purpose]
but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.”
John 5:30 Amplified Bible

This place, behind the closed door
is where you will find the Father’s will for your life,

it is the very place where heaven touches earth,

it is the place where the keel is laid down
which supports the entire arc of our lives.

It is here that we learn to see and embrace the truth
which transforms us more and more to the image of Christ
and
launches us into the waters of freedom
in the Spirit filled life
of His presence, His purposes, His promises, and His power!

It is the preparation place
for the storms of life
that we are all destined to face
and the door that opens the blessings of God
into our lives, pressed down and shaken.

30
fkj

No comments:

Post a Comment