Tuesday, May 12, 2009


The most marvelous miracle God can perform
is to take us, unholy men and women,
and separate us from this unholy world,
to make us holy because of His grace, through His Blood
and then to place us back in an unholy world
and keep us holy
that we might be a testimony
to His great Love, for all mankind.


My Father’s Words:

When I was a pre-teen my father used to occasionally sit me on his lap while driving the family car and allow me to steer the car. It was an exhilarating experience for me as a young boy, to believe I was “driving.”
Some years later before I was old enough to legally obtain a license, he allowed me to actually drive the car with him in a big old grassy open field. Then came the day when he handed me the keys and allowed me to solo on my own in that field. I drove the car until the gas tank was almost empty!
By the time I was ready to drive on the road, I had plenty of “off-road” experience. Of course sharing the road with other drivers and pedestrians was a new set of challenges, but my Dad patiently provided lots of hands-on instruction and yes some stern driving advice – Dads “Do’s and Don’ts” of Driving.
One of his pet fetishes was delivered each time we drove down a city street that was lined with parked cars. Dad would say: “Now watch under the cars parked on the sides of the road.” Even today as I drive, I find myself hearing his words and my eyes darting to alternately focus on the area under parked cars and the road. “You never know” he would continue…“when some kid will run out between parked cars… if you watch under the cars, you’ll see their feet before they run out!”
A few times during my driving career those words averted possible disaster when I actually saw little feet, or a rolling ball heading into the street from behind a parked car.
Attention to My Dad’s words saved me from some potential accidents that may have haunted me for my whole life.

In the same manner we all have a heavenly Father who has given us His Word. The Word of God it in the Scriptures, through the Holy Spirit, discovered in the secret place of prayer, delivered by an angel, or by a prophet of the Lord, or a circumstance are all designed to lead us into His blessing and away from potential problems or harm.

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness,”
2 Timothy 3:16

My earthly father was in some ways a lot like my heavenly Father: He is patient and kind and always has the very best intentions for His son. He gives me lots of hands-on experiences to teach me how do be effectual in His Kingdom, and when I make mistakes, He gently restores me, without condemnation, getting me back on track. He teaches me to “look under the cars-of-life” so that I can see problems coming and follow His advice, which always leads to being blessed.
Attention paid to our Heavenly Father’s words save us from far more than we will ever know this side of heaven.

There are times we may wonder why God has placed a certain emphasis on a principle in His Word on our hearts. Some time later that principle may keep us from rushing in where angels fear to tread. There is safety in yielding to God’s directives, even, perhaps especially, when we don’t fully understand them.

“Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.”
Psalm 1:1-6 (NKJ) [my emphasis bold]

The whole earth is filled with the glory of the Lord
Now is the time when the knowledge of the glory of the Lord is to be revealed!

Walking with you in His marvelous light.
Fred<><

No comments:

Post a Comment