Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Part 2 of 12 Graham Cooke Voice of the Prophets 2009


“Revival winds usually, if not always, come wrapped in the unexpected.”
Dutch Sheets – “Divine Disorder the Paradox of Revival”
Graham Cooke
Voice of the Prophets
4-16-09 Christ Community Church Camp Hill

Notes fkj

When you talk to Graham Cooke, you can sense he’s been hanging out with God. He’s at the same time down-to-earth and full of spiritual wisdom on everything from prayer to spiritual warfare to prophecy to intimacy with God. Cooke is well known for his prophetic training programs and has a passion to build prototype churches that can reach our postmodern society. God also uses him to help transition churches into higher levels of vision and ministry.
The following are my notes from a sermon by Graham Cook which was presented at Christ Community Church’s ‘Voice of the Prophets convention’ on April 16, 2009. I believe Graham is a very humorous man of God with a poignant message for the church today.

Part 2 of 12


One of my favorite encounters was when I was on a plane going from one place to another… because planes generally do that. I sat next to this guy who wouldn’t talk to me or even look at me, until we had taken off. And, like as soon as the undercarriage had gone back up into the plane, he turns to me and says, “I’m a warlock, I’m part of a coven and I have an assignment against you, to curse your life and your ministry. Last night we did a blood ritual and we sacrificed and I’m here to curse you.” So I said, “Whoa, cool!” I stood up and reached into the overhead compartment and got a notebook out and said “O.K., let’s have it,” because, I have a vested interest in this.
I have a prophecy that says I can turn every curse into a blessing. I’m about to get a prophecy from the Lord. I’m going to have to reverse engineer it, but it’s going to be a word for my life, I’m excited.
So he starts to curse me and stuff and after about ten minutes I’m getting annoyed. So another ten minutes goes on and I stop taking notes. I said, “Hang on a minute, hang on a minute; Dude this is crap.” (Am I allowed to say that?) … it’s crud. It doesn’t sound the same, surely we should be allowed to say crap in context with the enemy. Anyway I digress.
I turned to him and said “This is rubbish. I was really excited when you introduced your self; and now to be honest I’m annoyed.” “There is not very much blessing I’m going to get from that.” “Listen, I’ll tell you what; I’m going to go back and go to the rest room and get a Coke and- (do you want a Coke by the way)… I’m going to talk to the flight attendants for a while… I’ll give you a half and hour – then we’ll come back and start again.” So I gave him a half and hour and I came back and sat down and said, “O.K. Dude, I’m ready, lay it on me.” And he starts, and it’s not that much better, to be honest. So I took notes and then read it back to him… “Well you said this right and this right… there’s no chance you want to go over this again and upgrade it.” He’s going “No.” So I said “So how long have you been a Satanist?” He said, “About twenty years.”
So I said, “Your not a very good one, because I’ve got a prophetic word from the Father that says He’s going to turn every curse into a blessing…I ain’t going to get very much out of that.” I have a nephew who’s about seven years old who could give me a better word than that.
So I said “Anyway you’re not on this plane because you’ve got an assignment against me, but because actually I have an assignment for you.” “I have a word for you from the Lord…. ‘I’m coming to get you!’” So he reaches up and presses the flight attendant button and asks to get his seat reassigned. But we are only about one hour into a five hour flight… locked in a steel tube at unnatural heights.
There ain’t no way he’s getting away!
So I made a point of every hour making a circuit around the plane and clocked him. (With a pointing gesture), “Dude, you’re going to be on my team, my team.”… you are so toast.

You know the scripture calls that, calls it vengeance. Isaiah 61; you can’t have favor without vengeance. Jesus came to put favor into our lives permanently, and to teach us how to get revenge. What does vengeance look like? It looks like this:
Whatever the enemy has done in your life, however he has held you down, whatever he has had over you; God not only delivers you from that, but he gives you a ministry in the very area where you were always a victim. So now when you start to deliver people from what you were once held captive by… that’s revenge.
You get to rub his face in it, for the rest of your life.

See, when you know what your identity is you behave accordingly in the spirit. I know what my identity is with occult people, I meet them all the time. So, I’ve started some churches in the new age movement. One of my favorite ones is in Byron Bay Australia, it’s called New Earth Tribe. All they do is rescue new age people. Byron Bay is like the new age capital of Australia. About one and a half million backpackers go through there. The whole town is like full of occult stuff; it’s not the place I would go to for a holiday. You walk down the street and people look at you and say, (in a guttural tone) “I know who you are! And you say, “Yeah, I know I clocked you about fifty feet ago.
My biggest claim in the occult is that I made some Buddhist monks manifest. I totally did. Normally they are such nice peaceful quiet guys, and these guys were almost frothing at the mouth. All I did was walk by them, and they started manifesting. And I with this big Australian. You know about seven foot twelve in his socks. He turns around and he’s laughing, you know there are all these guys in orange robes… all these Buddhist monks and he just looks at them and says, “Dude, how’s the fat boy working for you?” Ahh, he’s a crack, I love that guy.
Our identity is made up of two things: It’s made up of who we are on earth, and how we are known in heaven. Two things: it’s made up of our personality, who we are on earth, and our persona, how we are known in heaven.
Your personality is like the integrated organization of your soul and your body. It’s the combination of psychological, intellectual, emotional and physical attributes, that have been shaped by our upbringing, our environment, our training, our modeling, into a kind of learned behavior whether it’s positive of negative. All of those have a personality that is made up of both those things, positive and negative. The negative personality is through events upbringing and so on. We come into a state of mind where we have a victim thinking. We don’t think well of ourselves. We always think on the low side. We are always more inclined to doubt and unbelief. We are maybe cautious or pessimistic. We like to put religious language around that so it protects us from having to be anything.
Or you can move from that, into a place of being judgmental, prejudice, fearful, hesitant, only taking comfort in the familiar, so you don’t like things to change, fear of man, fear of being wrong, fear of looking stupid, or fear of risking anything. All those things can make us prone actually to deception… prone to believing the worst... prone to having a sense of unworthiness, or being entirely too self conscious. Of course, there’s not a person in this room who has a problem like that!
So we are learning as part of our walk with God, how to walk away from those things, and walk into the personality of who Jesus really is. We’re not just taking the character of Jesus, we’re taking His personality as well. We’re all having a personality make-over… thank God for that!
But also, we have positive things going on in our personality. Many of us here have a set of values that we live by, that we gauge everything by, we’re optimistic, we find it easier to trust, we’re willing to try new things, we can be challenged on our ‘stuff’ without going ballistic, we’re risk-takers, we’re brave, we’re honest, we’re self-aware, and we’re open. That’s our personality, negative and positive.
Our persona is made up of how we are known in heaven. So when Jesus came to His hometown church and read out Isaiah 61:

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because He has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted, He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and freedom to prisoners, to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn. To grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting so they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”

When He read that out He was reading out His own identity statement.

End part 2 of 12

No comments:

Post a Comment